• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Roatan - unoffical checklist of birds (1 Viewer)

pajarito

Roatan - unoffical checklist of birds - UPDATED

Hi, all. Having scoured the internet for a checklist of Roatan birds, and having come up empty, I decided to make my own. With reference to eBirds and the new Peterson Guide to the birds of Northern Central America, I cobbled together a checklist that you are welcome to use, modify, et cetera...

NOTE - I posted this list last night and almost immediately had to edit it. It is now re-oriented so it can be folded more easily. I removed Scarlet Macaw since as far as I can tell any reports of this species on Roatan are either captive or escaped birds. A few species were missed in the first attempt, and they have been added.

I don't make any warranties with respect to this list. A number of species have only one or two reported sightings. These are shown in italics. On the other hand, given the proximity to the Honduran mainland, this list is almost certainly incomplete. Anyway, I hope it is a helpful addition. Now that I have started this little project, I would be happy to receive any corrections and/or additions.

Cheers,

John Pratt
Ottawa, Canada

Attachments

• Roatan Checklist.docx
    30.3 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:
Roatan - unoffical checklist of birds - UPDATED

Hi, all. Having scoured the internet for a checklist of Roatan birds, and having come up empty, I decided to make my own. With reference to eBirds and the new Peterson Guide to the birds of Northern Central America, I cobbled together a checklist that you are welcome to use, modify, et cetera...

NOTE - I posted this list last night and almost immediately had to edit it. It is now re-oriented so it can be folded more easily. I removed Scarlet Macaw since as far as I can tell any reports of this species on Roatan are either captive or escaped birds. A few species were missed in the first attempt, and they have been added.

I don't make any warranties with respect to this list. A number of species have only one or two reported sightings. These are shown in italics. On the other hand, given the proximity to the Honduran mainland, this list is almost certainly incomplete. Anyway, I hope it is a helpful addition. Now that I have started this little project, I would be happy to receive any corrections and/or additions.

Cheers,

John Pratt
Ottawa, Canada
Thank you, John! I'm heading to Roatan on Easter Sunday and printed your checklist. I appreciate it!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back