• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint Birdforum Lockdown List - April and May (3 Viewers)

Some things I can add from this week:

Eider
Teal
Turnstone
Great Black-backed Gull
Common Gull
Kittiwake
Guillemot
Razorbill
Red-throated Diver
Gannet
Shag

Greenland White-fronted Goose still on my local patch this morning :t:

Also Greylag Goose, Common Goldeneye, Little Egret, Redwing in case no-one has mentioned them yet. By bike from home.

Last edited:
I know that it's a completely pointless nitpicking, but my observations are in Poland :)

(The smiley relates to the fact that it took me a lot of effort to be able to stay there during the current situation and I am happy about it!)

Oops, not nitpicking tick hitting. Apols, will amend in next update. Btw Tree Sparrow - a major rarity eg SW England, and not doing so well elsewhere in UK, had Collared Dove yesterday.

Some things I can add from this week:

Eider
Teal
Turnstone
Great Black-backed Gull
Common Gull
Kittiwake
Guillemot
Razorbill
Red-throated Diver
Gannet
Shag

By 'this week', do you mean since the 1st??

Just looked at list; can add Gadwall and Common Pochard as well, from this morning (I just assumed they'd already be on!), and a UK Tree Spug too :t:

I did go out to the game lands this AM, but the birds I saw/heard on the walk from my apt. to the car:

Fish Crow
American Crow
Downy Woodpecker
Blue Jay
Northern Cardinal
House Sparrow
American Robin
Eurasian Starling

Would you like a contribution from my garden in the Gambia? Not strictly on lock down here, but today's the day I should have been flying home after a three-month working holiday. The sun is so fierce between midday and 5pm I spend most of my time in self-imposed lock down anyway, between those hours. I've also deliberately bot gone out a few times when I could just to see how it feels to be so restricted. I hadn't seen much from my high-walled garden prior to Dan starting this thread, but I've seen a few bits since then that may be of interest? Plus it'll help keep me going for however long I'm stuck here.

Would you like a contribution from my garden in the Gambia? Not strictly on lock down here, but today's the day I should have been flying home after a three-month working holiday. The sun is so fierce between midday and 5pm I spend most of my time in self-imposed lock down anyway, between those hours. I've also deliberately bot gone out a few times when I could just to see how it feels to be so restricted. I hadn't seen much from my high-walled garden prior to Dan starting this thread, but I've seen a few bits since then that may be of interest? Plus it'll help keep me going for however long I'm stuck here.

If you're stuck there due to Coronavirus ... why not I guess? It's all about vicarious pleasure and pain ...

Updated Europe list to Mandarin; 125. Apols for any omissions etc as ever.

Attachments

• BF Joint 3rd March.pdf
    165 KB · Views: 19
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back