• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

May weather. (1 Viewer)

Wendy Morris

A new month, better weather on the way? :cool:

After a glorious and sunny morning, the clouds have gathered this afternoon and it is now overcast. There's a little dampness in the air now too.

I've been out for much of the day, so I've nothing to report on the home birdie front!

It's raining here now & has been very overcast all day.
I did see & took a pic of a Dunnock chick being fed by a parent (see Fledged thread) We have also had lots of Rooks, Jackdaws & a couple of Magpies, they cleaned off all the food.|=(|

Watching the morning sunlight breaking through the apple blossom was a lovely start to May. A light shower sent me dashing to the clothes line which stopped by the time I finished unpegging! |:||
The afternoon remained overcast with a light breeze which would have dried my washing a treat!!
Never mind, I started a new painting titled "May"

It was very warm overnight here - I was woken at 1.30am so had to open the bedroom window and kick a couple of sheets off the bed :smoke:

We had the occasional sunny spell today but by the time I'd finished work and was heading home *1.45pm* it was starting to rain. Still very warm though. The forecast IS a touch unsettled over the weekend but I don't care - I finish at 10am on Sunday morning and am off on Monday so planning a walk through Hulne Park once more to see if I can catch sight of that elusive Green Woodpecker. I can hear him yaffling VERY loudly but he's proving tricky to catch a sighting of :smoke:

After a misty start, blue sky & sunshine.
A pair of Dippers feeding in the river, pied Wagtails & lots of Mallard.

Today has been gorgeous. Wall-to-wall blue sky this morning, with banks of white clouds later on giving it a real summer feel.

Yesterday was my best day of the week. The weather was lovely, and I spent hours finishing off the building of an alpine garden at the front of the bungalow. Though the work was tough - lifting and positioning rocks, and bending and streching - I was uplifted by the almost constant singing of a Blackbird, or Blackbirds. It gave me a good excuse to straighten up and take a little time to look and listen. Marvellous!!

Baz.

Dull, grey and feeling damp, really rather miserable as it also isn't very warm...:-C

Busy feeding stations this morning with Starlings, Blackies and Woodies to the fore, then the smaller ones were in later on.

Here in New Jersey it's been raining all day, with forecast of rain for the rest of the week. :-( We need the rain, but not a week's worth.

Probably won't play out as they call it; when do they ever get it right. ;-)

Birds aren't bothered by it though, still gathering nesting material looking for worms in the grass. The pair of Robins are having a feast :eat:

Anytime now the Grackles will show up and pick the grounds clean. :eek!:

Baz, your garden construction sounds great, take it easy on your aching back.

It was raining quite heavily when I started work at 6am but had eased off by 8am. After that the wind picked up and it got progressively colder - so much in fact that I've had to put the heating back on in the flat :smoke:

It's looking a lot brighter outside now *7.18pm* and the wind seems to have died down a touch too. Hasn't stopped the birds though - still lots of activity outside and blackbird/collared dove/song thrush and great tit all inging their heads off outside :t:

I will do a little resumé of the past few days weather in Paris, if that is okay?

30th April - hot and sunny, clear blue skies, 19c.
1st May - the same again.
2nd May - sunny spells with some cloud, 17c.
3rd May - grey, overcast and blooming cold! 14c.
4th May - sunny with fluffy white clouds and 16c.

Today in Hampshire - blue skies, very breezy (great for all the washing!) and 17c.

Yay! Welcome back Kits, hope you enjoyed your visit to Paris.

Awful today! Mizzle, Drizzle, Cloudy & Grey
Oh! and Windy!!!

Very sunny all day up here in Northumberland but oh, what a strong wind :smoke:

Neil and I went along to Druridge Pools to look for Cuckoo and Orange Tip butterflies etc but saw neither - one wasn't calling and the other not flying ;) - but we had other very nice sightings so it was still a nice day.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back