• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New bird song in my urban area. Link to sound recording (1 Viewer)

JobWallis

Hello
The last couple of mornings i have been hearing a new bird song around dawn.

Recording was made on 15 Jan 2019 at approx 6.30am in Double Bay, Edgecliff NSW Australia.
Weather was fine. The environment is med density urban. Lots of 2-3 level unit blocks. Recording was made in area that is quite protected from wind and also quite shaded by quite a few large trees both native and introduced.

I imagine this may well be some caged songbird on someones balcony. Possibly a canary? It seems to only call during the dawn period. Though it is possible it continues and that i am unable to hear it as the ambient environmental noise levels increase toward the morning peak hour.

The trilling call sounds like a small bird.

I hope it is a wild bird.

I would love to get some feedback on what others think this bird is.

A link to an mp3 of the recording is posted below.
You may have to adjust your volume levels and or use head phones.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iq5wLTjBnkZWmE63SUTn_EjZx_ghfTvq/view?usp=drivesdk

Best wishes

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back