Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
More discoveries. NEW: Zeiss Victory SF 32

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Laowa and Coronavirus

Old Saturday 7th March 2020, 05:13   #1
flossiepip

Laowa and Coronavirus

Laowa announced a new macro lens around the turn of the year, a 65mm 2x macro that would fit my Canon M50, Great so I ordered one and then Coronavirus kicked in big time. The retailer here in New Zealand was at first optimistic talking of about 2 weeks delivery but then emails and conversations took that up to a month and then maybe six or maybe never. You have to hope and pray for them all over in China and indeed for us all on this one!
Still it allowed me to side step a little and I bought their 25mm 2.5-5x macro lens that the retailer had on stock. Amazing lens even if an adapter was needed. Had it just a few days and very hard to use but also in a odd way a pleasure to and hopefully I will get the hang of it. A few images as example so far. Flower spider about 3mm, baby jumping spider about the size of a large full stop and ladybirds showing paper thin dof. So thankyou Laowa for a great lens and good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0497.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	720402  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0512.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	720403  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0531.jpg
Views:	32