• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint Birdforum Lockdown List - April and May (3 Viewers)

Can't believe that two of my 8 "garden" birds are not on the list yet!

Tree Sparrow
Eurasian Collared Dove

Last edited:
If it is just yourself, keeping track of it via posts on here wont be too difficult I guess. See how it goes as the month progresses!

btw are the bird species above likely to be IOC recognised names?

I submit regular eBird checklists (minimum 1 per day) so keeping track of my list will be no problem. I'm glad to help keep track of the rest of the Asia list if any others join in.

I think most of the species would be IOC recognized names though I'm using Clements. I can edit the post so they're all IOC recognized if you would prefer that.
(eg Large-billed Crow = Eastern Jungle Crow)

I submit regular eBird checklists (minimum 1 per day) so keeping track of my list will be no problem. I'm glad to help keep track of the rest of the Asia list if any others join in.

I think most of the species would be IOC recognized names though I'm using Clements. I can edit the post so they're all IOC recognized if you would prefer that.
(eg Large-billed Crow = Eastern Jungle Crow)

That would be cool thanks.

I'm using bubo and there is a function to combine lists (not used it myself before) but think it may be simpler to just keep continents separate for now, looking for differences manually (easy enough at the moment) and see how it goes (so no need to convert to IOC, we can do it at the time if we need to ... ?)

That would be cool thanks.

I'm using bubo and there is a function to combine lists (not used it myself before) but think it may be simpler to just keep continents separate for now, looking for differences manually (easy enough at the moment) and see how it goes (so no need to convert to IOC, we can do it at the time if we need to ... ?)

Ok. So I'll just leave my stuff in Clements for now, but I am going to make a list of all the ones that are different between the two. So far Large-billed Crow (Eastern Jungle Crow), Asian Pied Starling (Pied Myna), and Barn Owl (Eastern Barn Owl)

From yesterday, variety of birds, but only Rook I don't think is listed yet. One came into the garden and decimated the fat balls...

That would be Eastern Barn Owl Tyto javanica ssp stertens...(IOC10.1)...
MJB

Yes, I follow the clements checklist which is why I just said barn owl. In post #24 I did list the ones that would be different in IOC.

New ones from today are:
21) Asian Palm Swift
22) Purple-rumped Sunbird
23) Little Cormorant
24) Spotted Dove
25) Chestnut-tailed Starling
26) Black-crowned Night-heron
27) Eurasian Kestrel (IOC = Common Kestrel)

Firecrest through the garden briefly today. Walk to local reservoir this evening didn't produce anything new though (GBBG and Sand Martin the other day).

Goldcrest, Marsh Harrier and Cetti's were indeed also new. European component - 104 species. Where I'm not sure of date I've just put in as today.

But just realised I forgot to add Larry's Kingfisher (soz!) which will actually make it 105.

Attachments

• Joint BF 2nd April.pdf
    157.2 KB · Views: 23
Common Scoter! Had 6 flocks over the garden yesterday evening and another 6 tonight. Also Wigeon, Teal, Oyc and Curlew if any of those are still needed. Listening only - not recorded.

birds missing from your list that i've seen :-

pheasant (heard only)
gadwall
great black-backed gull
cattle egret

all from the house or garden

cheers,
James

Firecrest through the garden briefly today. Walk to local reservoir this evening didn't produce anything new though (GBBG and Sand Martin the other day).

Goldcrest, Marsh Harrier and Cetti's were indeed also new. European component - 104 species. Where I'm not sure of date I've just put in as today.

But just realised I forgot to add Larry's Kingfisher (soz!) which will actually make it 105.

I know that it's a completely pointless nitpicking, but my observations are in Poland :)

(The smiley relates to the fact that it took me a lot of effort to be able to stay there during the current situation and I am happy about it!)

2 Common Cranes flew over on my local exercise on Saturday (but this was in March so doesn't count... oops)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back