• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler Id please (1 Viewer)

nikovich

Yes, I know ..it's another Yellow coloured one :) ..we have Wilson's Warblers, Yellow Warblers and Orange Crowned Warblers that can all be very very similar - especially in their Fall colouring....

Attachments

• warbler id.jpg
    warbler id.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 152
Being a glutton for punishment, I'd venture Wilson's because of the dark auricular area, the prominent supercilium and the clean-breasted look of it (as opposed to Orange-crowned, which is plainer-faced, has faint breast streaking, and a split eyering). Wouldn't think it a Yellow because of the strong eyebrow and lack of streaking. But this is just my impression. Awaiting a flogging from the experts. ;)

JANJ said:
Flogging? No no, it´s a Wilson.
http://www.jkcassady.com/gallery/wiwa.htm
JanJ
LOL, Jan, I only say that because I'm usually wrong on internet photo IDs, and the flogging comes from my subjective perspective -- most assuredly not because you and our other resident experts haven't been anything but extremely helpful, educational, and above all non-judgemental when it comes to debating the field marks of any given bird.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back