• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

So, who else lives in Hungary, and who lives in Slovakia ?? (1 Viewer)

Colin Penny

I just love the Tatra Mountains, and saw Alpine Accentors and Nutcrackers there last year.

The Nutcrackers were Suite - err, sorry, sweet.

Best wishes,

Colin Penny.

Colin,
Greetings! Seems we birders with interest in Hungary are few on Birdforum. Hopefully I will be corrected by lots of Hungary related posts.
I am moving to Budapest next Summer. I am reading whatever I can find on birding there. I would be happy to read about your local excursions around the Tatras. I am looking forward especially to birding Hungary and Slovakia. More than just listing, I am interested in the full subject of avian ecology & conservation there. I have birded in Europe before, but never been to Hungary.
Have you made any local contacts with other birders? I found a few good websites for birds in Hungary including www.birding.hu & www.mme.hu . However, most sites in English that I have found are advertisments for tours. Interesting reading, many of them, but I would like some local information by and for a resident. I will be staying at least 2 years. My wife is Hungarian, but I am struggling in learning the language!
Any local trip reports, observations or discussion of the local ecology & conservation efforts would be welcome.
Thanks,
Marc

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back