• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ivory billed & Red Cockaded Woodpecker (1 Viewer)

birds_rock05

Ivory Bill lover
Hi,does anybody know a decent site that I can go to to get more info on Ivory Billed and red cockaded woodpeckers?I am really into woodpeckers,especially endangerd ones.
Thanks-Birds_Rock05

Not exactly to your question, but I've see Red-cockaded woodpeckers on the Palmetto Trail between the Intercoastal waterway and US 17 here in South Carolina.

John C

Ivory Bill Woodpecker

birds_rock05 said:
Hi,does anybody know a decent site that I can go to to get more info on Ivory Billed and red cockaded woodpeckers?I am really into woodpeckers,especially endangerd ones.
Thanks-Birds_Rock05

I too am very interested in woodpeckers ... large ones like the Ivory Bill
and the Pileated ... would really enjoy chatting about this with you
conatct me please if you are interested ...
Sincerely
Shawn J.
Olathe Ks

ther a pice in va wher you can see red cockaded woopeacker

ther a pice in va wher you can see red cockaded woopeacker it is colde piney grov

I would reccomend checking out the Cornell Lab of Ornithology website they have a seperate page just about the Ivory-Billed Woodpecker with news about searchs in the Big Woods area, history of the Ivory-Bill, and video and sound recordings. I would also check out Audubon.org where you can read all of J.J. Audubon's great work. Hope this helps.
Bob

Here are links to the two websites!

www.ivorybill.org
www.audubon.org

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back