• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding monthlies/periodicals? (1 Viewer)

Quacker

Lots of threads on guides, and european/overseas birds. What periodicals to people subscribe to?

There must be a vast array from beginners (Birdwatching Magazine?) to advanced (forget the title) what about the ones in between?

At least I think it's a while since we had a thread like this!

Steve

I subscribe to British Birds and Birding World. British Birds has some great articles some months, other times I can flip through it in 5 minutes. I think Birding World, with its emphasis on rarities has suffered a lot in the last few years with the massive growth in on line birding websites. No longer is it the first to publish photos etc. Used to get Birdwatch magazine sometimes but again found i'd put it down after 5 minutes. Reading about the latest sightings, through no fault of their own, is like reading about something in the distant past if you regularly check surfbirds, local websites etc. Have not seen Birdwatching magazine for a while but always looked a good one for beginners.

Cheers Ppedro - that's the kind of thing I was looking for, the logical link, or next step from beginning through to advanced (and all ports in between) - So Birdwatching, to Birdwatch.

Fair point about the web & birdguides, pagers, etc. but there is still something "good" about a hard-copy read.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back