• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Welcome to the Yukon, Canada (1 Viewer)

WayNorth

Good morning everyone,

This looks like it is the first post from the Yukon, so I thought we would say "Hello" to everyone and share some things form the far north. We are in Whitehorse Yukon, which is north of 60th parallel and the temperature is currently -41C before wind chill is added.

The Yukon size is over 3 times larger than England, with a land area 474,712.64 square kilometers with a population density of 0.1 persons per square kilometer. The Yukon population is currently about 36000 people.

We have about 324 species of birds that live or migrate to/through the Yukon.

That's just a small bit of information about the Yukon, and we welcome you to come visit the north, see the birds, other wild life and experience the Yukon for yourself.

All the best to you in 2020.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Hi WayNorth and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news from the Yukon.

Good morning everyone,

Thank you for the big welcome, my wife and I are amature photographers/film, whom like to travel.

Although it is currently very cold and wintery we do have a Xmas bird count in the Yukon; as well as a spring event in March called a Celebration of Swans our at Swan Haven Interpretive Centre. Plus we have a local Bird Club for the Yukon.

Most Yukoners are very connected to the "Outdoors", as our communities are small and have fairly easy access to see the wild life in the area.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back