• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shawell Tip (1 Viewer)

Would like to visit here in the new year could anyone out there post a close postcode to the tip or even the actual post code (post codes only) as I have to make my way by public transport and the travel finder only accepts post codes sorry

The Redland Roof Tiles plant is virtually opposite the tip and is
Gibbet Lane
Shawell
Nr Lutterworth
Leicestershire
LE17 6AB
The lagoons are further down the A5 but not sure of a postcode for there. Perhaps Carl or one of the other regulars would know.

Regards

John

would be appreciated if someone could point out the viewing point.

As you look at the pits from the other side of the road, there is a gate to the left, however this seems to take you round the back of the pools.

I think there is a viewing platform but not 100% certain how you get to it.

One thing I will point out is be VERY VERY Careful the road is busy and the traffic is usually at a high speed

would be appreciated if someone could point out the viewing point.

As you look at the pits from the other side of the road, there is a gate to the left, however this seems to take you round the back of the pools.

I think there is a viewing platform but not 100% certain how you get to it.

One thing I will point out is be VERY VERY Careful the road is busy and the traffic is usually at a high speed

You need to walk right (uphill) about 200m from the gate. By the way going through the gate and walking round the back usually flushes everything. Look out for a well-worn path into the hedge just as you get to a drainage culvert. No viewing platform, just a little patch of mud and a pruned gap in the bushes. Be careful arriving as the gulls are easily spooked.

And do be careful on the road.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back