• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Golden in May 2010 (1 Viewer)

Swifty49

Scouse Scoper
My wife and I went from the UK to visit friends who live in Golden, near Denver. We stayed with them for 3 weeks and went on a couple of road trips to Durango, Silverton and Manitou Springs. The only birding gear I had with me was my 8x32 bins and a Panasonic Lumix "Superzoom" camera.

We saw some delightful, though common, birds in their backyard and a few on the road trip.

They were, Red-winged Blackbird, House Finch, Downy Woodpecker, American Robin, Bluejay, Common Grackle, Mourning Dove, all seen in the backyard.

Western Wood Peewee seen at the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.

Black-chinned Hummingbirds on feeders in Manitou Springs.

Western Kingbird catching flies in the Coors Stadium during a Colorado Rockies game, and another one at Denver airport.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back