• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

roseate tern at lady's island (1 Viewer)

parlaam

Hello out there,
I am visiting Ireland in May and hope to get Roseate Tern. I've read that Lady's Island on of the largest colonies in the country, but I have no clou when to visit (morning, evening?) and how to access the site. Any help or information is very welcome.

Best wishes
Peter Rueegg, Switzerland

Ladys island is easily accessible.

Park anywhere near the old grotto, and simply walk south along the shore until you come to a statue of the Virgin mary. The island off shore is the main tern colony and the roseates favour the eastern end for the most part (though other species are present in number also).

Get your hands on this book if you require more information.

http://birdsireland.com/pages/site_pages/features/findingbirds.html

Regards

Owen

Hi Owen
thanks a lot for your information! Sounds kind of easy, so I am confindent I'll find the birds. It's a real tough one to get for a land locked birder like me.

Best wishes
Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back