• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

wildlife in graphite (2 Viewers)

Another small egret piece entitled 'Shallows Stalker' destined for a local art show.i do draw things other than egrets.........honest!

Attachments

• 003 (Small).JPG
    003 (Small).JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 65
part of being a successful artist like you is making things people want to have....everyone loves egrets and yours are so beautiful...

Beautiful work Clive! Also, great website. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

thanks very much raymond and a belated welcome to the best bit of BF.
thankyou keith
colleen and tim thanks for the wise words,i have a few locally based exhibitions running simultaneously and as there are so many egrets around here i thought them a good 'typical' local subject to show and so much more fun to draw than big cats and hefelumps!

Nice one Clive, there's nowt wrong with revisiting a favourite subject, especially when it's done with this much skill.

Mike

Clive superb!! never appologise about portraying egrets they are such a wonderful subject! very sculptural quality to them and challenging because of thier whiteness!! such a delicate nature to them also. Beautiful Drawing

mike,phil and andrew thanks very much,appreciate your comments.
working on a barn owl piece at the moment which i have in mind to enter an upcoming drawing show.its slow progress as i try to concentrate on shape and form as well as the details without getting too carried away with portraying each and every feather and losing the 'soft' feel that i want to get across.i know its probably a little chocolate-boxy but i felt the need to do a blatantly commercial image to get viewers to notice it on a wall full of drawings an then hopefully they'll stop and look at the other images.this is progress so far

Attachments

• 002 (Medium).JPG
    002 (Medium).JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 53
without getting too carried away with portraying each and every feather and losing the 'soft' feel that i want to get across.

You are succeeding....and don't have to apologize for any blatant appeal...Lijefors himself painted fox after fox and lots hares because his gallery could sell those.

cheers nick,i was lucky enough to be at marwell on wednesday night at the exhibition preview and stopped by the bbc wildlife exhibit where i saw your bee eaters along with tims piece and mikes painting which was very impressive close up.

Colleen's right, you are succeeding. There's something about a barn owl which is difficult to capture on paper, perhaps it is that softness, but you're making it look too easy!

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back