• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lancs Eagle Owls (1 Viewer)

I just seen a news report (BBC News northwest) on the birds, there are 2 pairs in the forest and one of the chicks was shown dead because the adults have abandond the nest due to a disturbance. UU who own the land said the birds are not a protected species and the land owners have failed to protect them.

They have been in Lancashire for 25 years. Did anyone else see this.

I was up the valley on Friday 11th June - a clear sunny morning and saw nothing at all. Heard nothing either, the valley was silent apart from a couple of pheasant. Then I read the raptorpolitics article and saw the Sunday NW news. If there are 2 breeding pairs and one is no longer around, is it too naive to ask where the other pair are?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back