• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Excellent response from Viking. (1 Viewer)

Torview

I guess most regulars here will know I love my of Porro`s, however I do have other bins, one is a Viking Navilux 8x42, mainly used as a backup or lending bin for when friends or family are with me (and I don`t want to lend my Porro`s). Well it developed an internal fault so I contacted Viking and they`re putting it right under guarantee, I`m always reading about lacklustre customer service on this forum from even the top names, so well done Viking.

Congratulations on the service you received from Viking.

EDIT: I had sent a couple of email messages via their "contact us" web page, but had no reply. I wanted to see if I could buy a new tripod blanking screw/cover, rather than send the whole MD6.5x32 binocular away under warranty (the button-like cover fell off).

I edited this because it occurred to me that their standard email address is probably deluged with junk mail and that they may miss my messages, so I phoned them. They will send a new screw FOC in the next post.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back