• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch Of The Lowes Osprey Webcam 2011 (1 Viewer)

Story of Marge

Yes, I have pre-ordered it. Looking forward to visiting LoL, but it may be later rather than earlier. My husband Leonard (89) fell in the living room and fractured his right femur. My days are being spent visiting him in the RVI, Newcastle. He is doing well and is about to be transferred to the Freeman for rehab. Maybe the return of our ospreys will be a spur to his recovery :)

Dont know if you saw this which I put on last years thread about our Marges life story coming out next month.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1Z2Y86DPQTS4C6TD8HYZ

I am sooooo excited! Can't wait for the ospreys to come back to Loch of the Lowes. I do so hope we will see Marge and her 'helium hero,' Frank. Still remember that, Ann - - 'helium hero.' My goodness, what a fella Frank turned out to be last year! Our hero.

Aw June. Please tell him I'm asking for him. Lotl is a great incentive to get him home again. Did you know about the book that bloggers did? Its fabulous. :)

I am sooooo excited! Can't wait for the ospreys to come back to Loch of the Lowes. I do so hope we will see Marge and her 'helium hero,' Frank. Still remember that, Ann - - 'helium hero.' My goodness, what a fella Frank turned out to be last year! Our hero.

I'm going to the doc to get my blood pressure checked. Just in case lol.

my sister and i are planning another visit to the lowes..when is best time to visit.....we have already been up there in May before.........

if we have ospreys on the nest then any time from April thru to September. July and august are a good time to catch the male and female fishing and you'll see the chicks having practice flights even maybe their maiden flight.

come out Tom. The games up the pole.
OMG Ann I am late again but earlier than last year :t:
I had been on LoTL site and read that they were not allowing comments but can understand the time and effort of moderating them must be considerable but did enjoy last year although I tended to comment only on this site. Have preordered book as well and looking forward to reading it. Well must admit I think we will be sadly watching a new female this year perhaps a daughter but eh Marge has certainly suprised both us and the experts before, still never got over her dropping down to the Loch for a drink last year:t:

Anyway nice to see we are all here ready for new season, I am going up to Comrie again with my parents last week in March and hope to get over to LoTL see the Osprey's and get some Stovies at the taybank.

Welcome back all and here's to another great Osprey soap season!o:D

PS Come on Nick time you showed up as well!

The ospreys are calling!

Thank you, Margaret, for your good wishes. Leonard is now in the Freeman and making more progress, with physios helping him to do his ballet exercises at the Barre (only kidding!) - there are handrails out in the corridor!

I can fully understand the decision not to have to moderate comments - it can be very time - consuming and I think we'd all agree that that time can be spent looking after the ospreys.

Here in Northumberland, another platform has been erected at Kielder Water - we had three chicks last year.

BFN
June

Aw June. Please tell him I'm asking for him. Lotl is a great incentive to get him home again. Did you know about the book that bloggers did? Its fabulous. :)

Last edited:
OMG Ann I am late again but earlier than last year :t:
I had been on LoTL site and read that they were not allowing comments but can understand the time and effort of moderating them must be considerable but did enjoy last year although I tended to comment only on this site. Have preordered book as well and looking forward to reading it. Well must admit I think we will be sadly watching a new female this year perhaps a daughter but eh Marge has certainly suprised both us and the experts before, still never got over her dropping down to the Loch for a drink last year:t:

Anyway nice to see we are all here ready for new season, I am going up to Comrie again with my parents last week in March and hope to get over to LoTL see the Osprey's and get some Stovies at the taybank.

Welcome back all and here's to another great Osprey soap season!o:D

PS Come on Nick time you showed up as well!

tom Will pm you. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back