• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopta's new line of bins. (1 Viewer)

spacepilot

Just a heads-up. I got Meopta's 2010 catalog yesterday, and noticed that they are launching a new line of binoculars called Meopro. They are placed below the Meostar line, and have 65.x32, 8x42 and 10x42 models right now. The specs look decent, with light weight, good eye relief, and ok FOV. I wonder what kind of view they have. Eagleoptics don't seem to have them in stock yet:

http://www.eagleoptics.com/binoculars?query=meopro

Ning

That's interesting. From my own brief test of the Meostar 8x32 it is a super binocular which competes very favourably with offerings from 'the big four'. It's just a shame that the distribution network isn't wider to allow more people to try them for themselves.

Ron

These have been mentioned already here on KP's SHOT show thread. There has been a little discussion on Optics Talk from a couple of people who actually had the chance to look the Meopro's over at the SHOT show. The general opinion was the 6.5 is not as good as the 6x32 Viper. Second hand info I suppose, but there it is FWIW.

These have been mentioned already here on KP's SHOT show thread. There has been a little discussion on Optics Talk from a couple of people who actually had the chance to look the Meopro's over at the SHOT show. The general opinion was the 6.5 is not as good as the 6x32 Viper. Second hand info I suppose, but there it is FWIW.

Hi Steve,

Didn't know "general opinion" meant one person. I read that same post... and it was someone who was admittedly biased toward the Viper. And he mentioned with the poor indoor lighting it was hard to tell what the new Meoptas were like. But there it is... FWIW. LOL.

I'm trying to get a pair at the moment...

Cheers

I think there is no "general opinion" right now but I think Koshkin and Rifledude both agreed they weren't as good as the Meostar bins. Not too surprising given the price (and the 8x32 Meostar are very good).

I'd love to hear your opinion of them when you get a chance to look through them, Oleaf.

Take a look at the SHOT Show 2010 thread for more details.

Hi Kevin,

I hope they are as good as MeoStars! Wishful thinking. I'm looking for a 6-6.5 and have spent a lot of time behind a Katmai, Yosemite. I think the Meopta 6.5 will beat them... we'll see.

I did like the Katmai for size and FOV but the center resolution was something I thought could be better.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back