• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From tree netting to tree spikes (1 Viewer)

These things are quite common on buildings to discourage pigeons where I live, though they only work to a limited degree because the birds are determined/clever.

The local transit train stations for BART use them profusely because the architecture gave lots of nesting spots. Mostly so they don't poo on people and create a health hazard in the indoor spaces, I suspect.

However, I've never seen these use anywhere but on man-made structures. Never on trees, no matter how much birds poo on the cars underneath. Wow.

I think the irony here is, if we put these on trees, the person who did would get sued when some kid climbing the tree skewered themselves. Rare instance of the legal system working for wildlife; albeit in the most round-about fashion.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back