• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandwell Valley (6 Viewers)

Salter's Lane
Chiffchaff, Blackcap x2 m,f, Goldcrest c5+, Redwing x60, Fiedfare x3, Blackbird c18, Song Thrush c11, Ring Necked Parakeet x18, Jay x4, Goldfinch c27, Greenfinch c13, Chaffinch c8, Buzzard x4, Sparrowhawk, Green Woodpecker, Meadow Pipit x2, Jackdaw x29 and Skylark
Good Birding YAMYAM

Rock pipit on Quay Swan Pool bird was flushed, flew in direction of Motorway could still be in the area
Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
Swan Pool
Wigeon x5, Mute Swan x23, Coot c116, Tufted Duck c31, Little Grebe, Great Crested Grebe, Sparrowhawk and Kestrel
Good Birding YAMYAM

Pay to park coming soon, All sign's on site price list also in place
Sad Days YAMYAM

Attachments

• _20161012_134245.jpg
    _20161012_134245.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Forge Mill from the Hide
Pochard x7, Shoveler c9, Gadwall, Teal c11, Greylag, Goosander, Little Grebe, Snipe x5, Redwing x6, Mistle Thrush x2, Pied Wagtail, Buzzard, Sparrowhawk, Ring Necked Parakeet x2, Black Headed Gull c90, Lesser Black Backed Gull c11 and Lapwing
Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
There has been a massive drop in Lapwings with only one bird on the reserve on my last three visits I've checked out the fields on Salter's and Brownie's but no sign of the main flock
Good Birding YAMYAM

Pete Hackett came up with a valid reason for the disappearance of the Lapwing, the constant harassment by the Peregrine
Good Birding YAMYAM

Re Parking
I phoned about season ticket I was told they had to be collected from Oldbury Council House I will post more details when I have them the girl I spoke to was unsure if the season ticket only covered you to park at Swan Pool,
Good Birding YAMYAM

League Update
First update since June with Matt Gibbs adding Green Sandpiper to his list

1.Dave Saunders, 210 latest-Great Reed Warbler
2.Pete Hackett, 210 latest- Red Kite
3.Tim Hextell, 201 latest- Raven
4.Matt Hadlington, 192 latest- Osprey
5.Mel Jones, 186 Great Northern Diver
6.Hughie King, 177 latest- Great Reed Warbler
7.Simon Edwards, 172 latest-Ruff
8.Terry Parker, 171 latest- Common Scoter
9.John Clarke, 167 latest- Barn Owl
10.Bob Slater, 165 latest- Great Northern Diver
11.Pete Carless, 159 latest- Black Redstart
12.Tracy Saunders, 154 latest- Yellow Legged Gull
13.Steve Lilly, 151 latest- Mediterranean Gull
14.Mike Ixer, 143 latest- Goshawk
15.Steve Roper, 141 latest- Peregrine
16.Richard Eyres, 126 latest- Great Reed Warbler
17.Andy Thomas, 114 latest- Common Scoter
18.Richard Davis, 112 latest- Spotted Flycatcher
19.Matt Gibbs, 112 latest- Green Sandpiper
20.Jason Davis, 109 latest- Ruff
21.Craig Reed, 109 latest- Ring Ouzel
22.Carl Seebode, 107 latest- Cuckoo
Good Birding YAMYAM

Forge Mill
Little Egret, Pintail, Goosander x20, Teal x30, Shoveler x24, Gadwall x12, Wigeon x8, Water Rail x6, Snipe x17 only two Lapwing per Pete Hackett
Good Birding YAMYAM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back