• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CD slide show (1 Viewer)

Alastair Rae

London birder
OK, so you've got a whole bunch of images and you stick them on a CD.

What's the best way of getting the CD to start a slide show when you insert it in the drive?

(I know that XP does this for free, but not everyone that I show my stuff to has XP)

I use the free software from www.fototime.com . You don't have to sign up to Fototime, you can just download the software and burn your photos to CD. There are several variables including autorun.

Alistair,

As far as I know, the XP slideshow feature just writes a CD with html pages on and an autostart feature. If you gave it to a friend it should work, regardless of whether they are using Windows XP. Definately worth trying if you have it!

Ollie

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back