• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last 3 ticks whats yours? (2 Viewers)

Last three:

Firecrest 29th October
Siberian/Stejneger's Stonechat 25th October
Yellow-browed Warbler 25th October
(also first Daurian race Isabelline Shrike 25th October)

Last trip (looking for orchids & birds) to the Western Andes Choco highlands of Colombia, including also a bit of Cauca Valley and a couple of C Andes spots, plus the lowlands of Uraba near the Choco, yielded a couple of much sought after birds for me:

* Comb Duck (Sarkidiornis melanotos), that is a quite rare bird in Colombia and not often found. Cauca Valley mainly. Been seen here a couple of years ago, quite intermittently, but I could not connect with these guys before (amazing shots from friends at http://www.flickr.com/photos/26175334@N02/6418375433/)!... see attached photo of my birds ;-)

* Barred Hawk (Leucopternis princeps), one of the raptors I wanted to see most and have just not being able to visiting several locations where it occurs in Colombia. Got several nice individuals, singing and soaring above our heads... loved it!... see attached photo of my lifbird ;-)

Diego.

ps. you can see the whole trip album EVEN WITHOUT A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT using this link:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151169705673517.453866.670093516&type=1&l=d744e500ef

Attachments

• Comb Duck - Sarkidiornis melanotos.JPG
    Comb Duck - Sarkidiornis melanotos.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Barred Hawk.JPG
    Barred Hawk.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 51
Last 3 Lifers from Pemba Island, Tanzania

Pemba Green Pigeon
Pemba White-eye
Pemba Sunbird

You'll need to read my trip report to see if I got the fourth Pemba Endemic.
;)

My latest 3 on my Saudi list were:

Egyptian vulture
Barbary falcon
Mangrove reed warbler

All were seen north of Jeddah. The last two are also lifers.

My Saudi list is now 264 and I just starting to think I can reach 336 sometime in the future which is the highest Saudi total I can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back