• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Supermoon total lunar eclipse! (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I should have some partial pics to post later but unfortunately my camera didn't like the amount of light left during the totality...
Went to bed sometime during the totality since the moon was vanishing behind the house wall and I didn't feel like lugging my stuff from the balcony down to the river.

Joachim

Best one of the bunch from last night......

Opticron MM3 50 mm
Iphone 5S
Opticron Iphone adapter

Attachments

• lunareclipse.jpg
    lunareclipse.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Nice!
That's a challenging phase, for contrast.
Your MM3/Iphone combo scores again.
The entrance and exit pupils must match pretty comfortably.

Shot with a pocket camera. No zoom.

IMG_1487_zps6fetrxgb.jpg

Good evening, in Minnesota we had clear skies and great viewing where I was at. Splendid views with my Nikon SE's and spotting scope. Couple of pics with a Nikon D3100 and a handheld digiscope shot of the moon from the previous night.

Attachments

• 010_01.JPG
    010_01.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 53
The second picture, in particular, shows a bit of that
"curtain of stars" effects I will remember.
If you open the picture and tap on the (+), there are those nice
companion stars right up to the Moon.

For once, I lucked out in that there was an exceptionally clear sky in much of central Switzerland. (They sky was all covered up in and near the mountains, though.) So I actually stayed out for more than an hour from before 4 am. So far, none of the pictures here have shown the dark red moon when fully covered very well. That's why I am adding one found in our local newspaper. Hope by giving credit to the photographer Res Derendinger that this is OK. The stars were actually standing out much more than what is seen on this low resolution photo. More like what is shown in post #27 from Minnesota. I did not set up the scope, but watching through the Zeiss Victory 8x42 FL was exciting enough.

Attachments

• Mondfinsternis 2015 28Sept 02 crop Foto Res Derendinger.jpg
    Mondfinsternis 2015 28Sept 02 crop Foto Res Derendinger.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I was up most of the night and managed a few shots with my minolta z3. I cropped some but cant remember if i tried to sharpen any?
I just realised this might be a pic with my new camera days later?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 25
I was up most of the night and managed a few shots with my minolta z3. I cropped some but cant remember if i tried to sharpen any?
I just realised this might be a pic with my new camera days later?

Yes thats not a picture of the eclipse, but it is a great shot

Then a misty type cloud rolled in and blocked any views so missed the red colour.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 23
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back