• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Song Thrush and Mistle Thrush UK (1 Viewer)

simbird

Hello my first post to ID a couple of Birds... I know most garden birds, but because of this severe weather different birds are coming to the feeding stations...

I think one is a Mistle Thrush and the other is a Song Thrush ?

Also one is a Fieldfair... I think ?

Wyre Forest, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, England, UK ~ Today Jan 2010

Thank You ~ Simon :)

Attachments

• SongThrush.jpg
    SongThrush.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 198
  • MistleThrush.jpg
    MistleThrush.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 211
  • Fieldfair.jpg
    Fieldfair.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 190
Thank you all for the quick reply's ~ Song, Mistle and Fieldfare it is ! (sry for Fieldfair sp)

That is great 3 new birds to my garden... :)

Hehehehehe, it's getting so over the last few weeks that even I, the worst IDer (to coin a word) of BirdForum and someone who's never seen them in real life, am able to spot a Fieldfare from a thumbnail. And it really is a terrific image of the Fieldfare. All the birds you've posted are lovely - I'm fast developing a soft spot for English thrushes.

Neil

- I'm fast developing a soft spot for English thrushes.

Neil

Wonderful birds all of the Thrush family, and all of them are very charasmatic. They all have great individual species traits. The Mistle Thrush will guard a tree full of berries all day, yet not eat one because its so set on nothing coming in to steal one :-O. The Song Thrush is the elegant one of the species, a little delicate and very poetic in singing season. The Redwings are georgous but being the smaller species do get bossed by the resident Blackbirds, they win out through sneaky foraging manouvers. And the Fieldfare just look stunning, full of colour but very bossy on the ground, another one that will defend its apples with its life but will forget to eat them while there is a battle to pursue.

I still get excited seeing them out and about, and in the garden they all steal the show.

Simbird sorry to hog your thread, but you cant get enough Thrush images :t:
This Mistle was from my patio yesterday
Dave

Keep em coming

Attachments

• Mistle.jpg
    Mistle.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 74
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back