• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID need for this Swallow (1 Viewer)

Ains

ID 0F4A0618.jpg

ID 0F4A0623.jpgI have been puzzling over these various species for some time now. I take the photographs at a great height as the radio tower on which they perch is tall, a variety of species (martins, swallows and swifts) visit The tower off and on. The photographs I'm posting today are those that might be the Barn swallow. The Red-rumped swallow, the Dusky Craig-martin, and Little swift are residents. Eurasian Crag-Martin and the Barn swallow are winter visitors.
Location Mount Abu Raj India.
Taken October 2020

Attachments

• iD 0F4A0627.jpg
    iD 0F4A0627.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 76
White-breasted woodswallow? Looks to have a thick bill, dark area around the eye and contrast between the tail feathers and the undertail coverts in the first image?

Daniel hi,
Thanks and appreciated for your observation. I'm not too sure if the wood swallows visite this part of Rajasthan. no previous record have mentioned them.
Cheers
Ains

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back