• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meade ETX 90 .... (1 Viewer)

Medlock44

...does anyone have any experience of useing this scope for digiscoping, it would be used with a canon rebel. If this has been discussed before perhaps someone could point me to the thread. Thanks Mike

Medlock44 said:
...does anyone have any experience of useing this scope for digiscoping, it would be used with a canon rebel. If this has been discussed before perhaps someone could point me to the thread. Thanks Mike

The traditional method of connecting a scope to an SLR is to use a t-mount and use the scope as a prime lens. Theoretically, this should provide a superior image. Though I've seen some results using other methods that have me scratching my head since it seems like this might not always be the case.

If you want to move this off the digiscoping group and to the Scopes forum, I'd be happy to tell you what I know about digiscoping with similar catadioptric scopes. Last time I checked, this forum is for the disussion of digiscoping with traditional birding scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back