• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wash nature reserves in June. (1 Viewer)

Torview

Hello All,

I`m planning a trip to the Lincolnshire part of the Wash this June, looking to explore the nature reserves west of the great Ouse around to Gibraltar point.

I know the Norfolk reserves and coast from east of the great Ouse but I`m not going to visit these well known (to me) areas this trip.

I`d be very grateful for any knowledge that can be given on where to go and how to make the best use of my weeks Birding in these areas.

Cheers.

John.

Hi John. Last months Birdwatching magazine had an article on Lincolnshire. DM me your address and I'll post my copy to you. I'll just need to check it hasn't been recycled.

Unfortunately I've not been to Lincs myself so can't be of more assistance.

Rich

Gibraltar Point, Frampton Marsh RSPB and to a lesser extent Freiston Shore RSPB all have plenty to offer in early June at least. Maybe later in the month things quieten down a bit but southbound waders start to move through.

I would give yourself a couple of days at least to cover each of Gibraltar Point and Frampton Marsh properly, and maybe just one for Freiston Shore.

Steve

You're welcome. I'm lucky enough to call Gib my home patch, if you're there at the weekend we might bump into each other.
If you like seawatching Mill Hill is the place to be, a couple of hours before high tide usually (Park in the first small car park and follow the path beyond the gate).
Any other questions just ask!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back