• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Frank Horrocks (1 Viewer)

I met Frank Horrocks as a teenager in the mid 80's and enjoyed his and his mate,Jack's, company on early morning visits to Pennington Flash for a couple of years. Frank taught me a fair bit about birding, got me to join the LOS, and for some reason he use to get me to sneak into the visitors centre to post up any good birds we'd found, without anyone seeing us. Something I still find myself doing at big reserves, not knowing why. He was always interested to know what I'd seen at Blackleach Res, one of my local patches.

Apart from the bits of information published about him , I know relatively little about him. Anybody else remember him well or know much about him?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back