• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A hello from Adelaide, South Australia (1 Viewer)

AdrianB

Hello everyone!

I'm newly interested in the wonderful world of birds.

My home is lucky enough to back onto a recreational area (walking/cycling trails) along a river. Once this area ends, there is a wonderful area for walking and watching amongst the bush in a conservation park.

There has been a group of New Holland Honeyeaters who have taken up residence in the garden. Waking in the morning to their songs (and others) is a real delight.

I'm about to invest in some decent binoculars to get myself that little bit closer. When I'm rich, maybe a scope too...

My other interests involve road cycling, tube/valve DIY hifi and classical music. If I get much 'older' I'll soon be on a rocking chair with a laprug by 25 years ;)

Look forward to reading and being part of the birding community.

Regards,
Adrian

Greetings Adrian and a warm welcome to you from the staff here at BirdForum.net. I believe we have another fellow from your area around here too ;)

It sounds as though you have been bitten by the bird bug but it is a bite that only leaves you yearning for more ;) Hope you enjoy yourself here and thanks for saying hello.

Hi Adrian, welcome to the forum. I have just joined myself. A great place with a lot of friendly people.

I reckon, I am the fellow KC is talking about. I live just around the corner from you - speaking in global terms - O'Sullivan Beach. Have a look at my gallery, most of the photos are taken not far away from here.

I wouldn't mind to show you where.

All the best
Joe

Last edited:
Hi Adrian, Welcome to Bird Forum. What better way to spend time outdoor than watching the birds that live around us.

Look at this, a new member and already going on birding tours. Enjoy!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back