• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Large Eagle - Israel... (1 Viewer)

rollingthunder

England
Same mate, November 2 years ago - said I thought Steppe...

Laurie -

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190816-141348.jpg
    Screenshot_20190816-141348.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20190816-141317.jpg
    Screenshot_20190816-141317.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 93
Looks more like an immature Eastern Imperial Eagle to me Laurie, (though I’m a bit out of practice with them these past few years) .

Cheers Richard - it’s a start:t:

Just throwing it out there, he has been sending me rainy day stuff and my experience with large juv Eagles is limited but i am eager to learn from others hence a return visit to Batumi in 4 weeks - this time later to coincide with the larger Eagles:t:

Laurie -

Cheers Richard - it’s a start:t:

Just throwing it out there, he has been sending me rainy day stuff and my experience with large juv Eagles is limited but i am eager to learn from others hence a return visit to Batumi in 4 weeks - this time later to coincide with the larger Eagles:t:

Laurie -

Hah, we’ll be just next door in Armenia again so try and send some good ones our way could you?;)

First week i’m at Tblisi then further East in the Kalketi area for wine-tasting purposes;) but it it’ll be interesting to see what is coming thru that way as it’s poss heading into Armenia:t:

2nd week based at Batumi - the new obs at Sakhalvasho should be just opened which should make the last bit of the uphill trek a little less ‘Indiana Jones’:eek!:

Thanks folk for inputting:t:

Laurie -

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back