• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI Boreal Owls (1 Viewer)

bobf

Are there still nest box programs for Boreal Owl in the Anchorage area? And, if so, the possibility of visiting one in mid-May?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob -
What I see on the web is that most Boreal Owl nest box programs are centered in Fairbanks. Have you heard otherwise?
My wife and I will be looking in the Eagle River area above Anchorage in June. Though generally silent, they should have young to feed in early summer making them barely easier than the needle in the haystack.

Steve

I think I'm remembering from 20 years ago, when there were some programs. (Global warming??) I contacted a birdingpal guy who was not aware of any current programs. Oh well.

Bob

eBird shows three Owl species, Great Horned, Saw-whet and Boreal Owl reported at Eagle River on Feb 3rd, 2014. No mention of nest boxes...
I tried emailing four Birding Pals in Ancorage but only one answered. Will you please PM me with the Birding Pal that replied to your request?

Thanks -

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back