• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Hot Springs ..... (1 Viewer)

SpaCityBulldog

I've been interested in watchng birds for many years though I've never done it with a great passion. Work and family always seem to get in the way.

Now I'm looking at early retirement. The facility I've worked at for the past 26 years (35 total with this company) closed this past November and after having lived in Hot Springs since 1981 I'm no longer inclined move just to stay with this company. My wife says I'd moved by myself if I did want to leave. So I tell her that's why I married a younger women. She can now support me until she reaches retirement age.

I'll be starting the early retirement at the end of the year and look for some kind of job, probably part time work. I hope to get a lot more birding in among other things. I hope to hook up with the local Audubon group to meet some new people.

In my younger years I'd take off to some pretty remote places by myself birding and fishing. Fishing for smallmouth in Arkansas streams was a passion for many years. I'd wade and fish in the mornings then bird in the afternoons. It's a wonder I never cracked an ankle wading the Cossatot, Caddo or some other Ouachita mountain stream. I'm now older (56) and hopefully wiser and though I still like to go to places less traveled it's a lot safer and more fun if I have somone along with me. So if anyone in the Hot Springs area needs a partner just let me know.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back