• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Weaver - Lake Mburo area, Uganda (1 Viewer)

Djerf

Hi!

Dark legs, probably dark eyes - juvenile Lesser Masked? July 30 2015.

All the best

Joakim

Attachments

• Weaver.jpg
    Weaver.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 103
How about both female or juv Black-headed (né Yellow-backed) Weaver?

Well that's what my similar photos from Uganda ended up being identified as.

Thank you MacNara!

Black-headed was also my best choice for the second photo, but thinking about it also fits quite well for the first.

I'm trying to arrange my pictures from our trip in August, but got stuck on a few of these female type weavers :)

All the best

Joakim

Thanks JF, do you mean both pictures or just one of them - which (and if you explain why I would be even happier)?

Google translate:
"Merci JF, voulez-vous dire la peine de photos ou tout simplement l'un d'eux - qui (et si vous expliquer pourquoi je serais encore plus heureux)?"

Ploceus luteolus = Little Weaver

All the best

Joakim

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back