• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upgrade from 400D to 40D - Worth it? (1 Viewer)

Flannel

Hi all, I was wondering whether there would be much advantage in me upgrading from my 400D to a 40D. On paper, at least, the difference between the two camara's doesnt appear to be too great. Anyone out there who has made this switch? All comments appreciated.

Cheers,
Flannel

I considered the move from a 30d to a 40D to be a very worthwhile improvement, for what that's worth.

One thing I would say is that there is no similarity whatsoever between the 400D and the 40D except the colour, the size of the sensor, and the Canon badge..!

;)

One thing I would say is that there is no similarity whatsoever between the 400D and the 40D except the colour, the size of the sensor, and the Canon badge..!

;)

When I did a side by side comparison on the Canon website it highlighted some similar features like image sensor & number of AF points. I did read the review on your website Keith, it was interesting to hear your opinion, coming from the 30D to the 40D. As you can probably tell, Im no expert so I was wondering if anyone has already made the switch from 400D to 40D and whether they could share their thoughts?

As you can probably tell, Im no expert so I was wondering if anyone has already made the switch from 400D to 40D and whether they could share their thoughts?

Give me time and I'll get there...

I currently shoot with a 400D and would change up to a 40D at the drop of a hat - faster frame rate (6.5 vs 3 fps), better high ISO performance, larger buffer all appeal to me and would make it well worth the upgrade. I'm hoping to change to a 40D in a month or so, I'll report back on it once I've made the change.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back