• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

some more amazon photos for ID (1 Viewer)

Just to be clear some of the photos were taken on Devils Island, north of the amazon delta

Attachments

• P1010354.jpg
    P1010354.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 54
  • P1010387.jpg
    P1010387.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 64
  • P1010206.jpg
    P1010206.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 72
  • P1010197.JPG
    P1010197.JPG
    277.1 KB · Views: 55
  • P1010159.jpg
    P1010159.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 69
1) White-lined Tanager.
2) Are you sure it was photographed in the Amazon? If so, it would be an escapee: Lesser Antillean Bullfinch. I don't have any experiance with this Antillean species, but I suspect the eye-brow is too limited for Greater Antillean Bullfinch (?).
3) Yellow-headed Caracara.
4) Orange-fronted Yellow-Finch.
5) Done in your other post.

Where is Devils Island? I've spend a fairly significant amount of time in the Amazon, and haven't heard of it before.

Last edited:
Correction

1) White-lined Tanager.
2) Are you sure it was photographed in the Amazon? If so, it would be an escapee: Lesser Antillean Bullfinch. I don't have any experiance with this Antillean species, but I suspect the eye-brow is too limited for Greater Antillean Bullfinch (?).
3) Yellow-headed Caracara.
4) Orange-fronted Yellow-Finch.
5) Done in your other post.

Where is Devils Island? I've spend a fairly significant amount of time in the Amazon, and haven't heard of it before.

Devils Island is a small group of 3 islands 12 miles off the coast of French Guyana. They were made famous by the film "papillion"
You were quite right the bullfinch photo was taken on someones bird feeder on St Barts

Lesser Antillean Bullfinch is OK with red in front of the eye, on Greater AB, the red is supposed to continue behind the eye. I have plenty of experience with LAB, not yet with GAB. Our local birds here in Dominica have less red in front of the eye than this image, and are less grey at the rear flank.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back