• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sicily Birding groups/How to bird in Italy (1 Viewer)

pugzinho

I know of the Yahoo group for birders in Italy and the EBN site however they don't really provide what I'm looking for in terms of information and the social level I desire. Yahoo groups are highly outdated and I doubt many people are active on their site. I typically use eBird to catalog my findings however it doesn't seem many people use this in Italy, making it difficult to find good spots to bird. Secondly, something I've noticed during my time here is that there aren't a lot of public spaces that have what I would consider places to park and hike/bird. In the US we have lots of public spaces that are easily accessible and are excellent spots to bird, whether it is a forest with a path/open grassland, or even a good spot for shorebirds. What is the mindset here as far as public parking near places that have hiking/walking trails. From my experience it doesn't seem to be very popular here or I'm just not looking in the right places. Back home we have Facebook groups in which locals post their findings and are open to feedback/questions about local hotspots. Any information regarding your experiences here would be great and other outlets to find people that want to meet up and go birding together! Thank you!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back