• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adjusting hinge tension on Ultravids (1 Viewer)

tenex

reality-based
Is hinge tension adjustment a DIY project on Ultravids? My 10x32 is within what I'd call a reasonable range (and stable over time) but for my own taste it could be tighter. I presume the cap at the front/bottom of the hinge must come off, but would want to know what mechanism lies beneath... no other reason to send back to Leica at present, though I'm sure they would do it.

Yes, it is under the cap.

It is a threaded shaft with 2 nuts on it which control the tension.

But...........do not try DIY . A special tool is required and adjustment is impossible without it !!!!!

Gary

Gary,

Your sharing of knowledge of Leica and Zeiss is very much appreciated on this forum, and saving some (including myself) from attempting a quick fix possibly leading to a bigger problem.

Regards,

Andy W.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back