• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

western France today : Greenshank ? (1 Viewer)

Hi I saw this this morning on the river Loire so not on a lake where I would have expected a GS
also
it seemed very pale to me

Alone so no comparisons

and not seen in flight for the shape of the white on the back

It was ducking its head like a Greenshank

thanks in advance BM

Attachments

• gs24PXL_20201014_082338513.MP.jpg
    gs24PXL_20201014_082338513.MP.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 39
  • gs1PXL_20201014_082111826.MP.jpg
    gs1PXL_20201014_082111826.MP.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 70
Hello Buck,
I agree with Greenshank, everything is there. Including the right behaviour, as you have allready mentioned.

More: Greenshanks often give the impression of beeing a pale wader at a distance. Its that sort of paleness, that makes you change the camera-exposure settings to "- values" to avoid loss in capturing feather-details in a photo. Like in adult/near adult Gulls.

Last edited:
Hello Buck,
I agree with Greenshank, everything is there. Including the right behaviour, as you have already mentioned.

More: Greenshanks often give the impression of beeing a pale wader at a distance. Its that sort of paleness, that makes you change the camera-exposure settings to "- values" to avoid loss in capturing feather-details in a photo. Like in adult/near adult Gulls.

Thanks Alexander

I just got a a Pixel 4a as my new 'digi-scoping telephone'

and I have a lot of progress to make e.g. le screen view is 'darker' than the photo

thanks again

BM

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back