• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Grey or Lesser Grey shrike,ID please (1 Viewer)

Atricapilla

Still Wandering
Just got back from my patch and I am not sure whether this is a Great grey shrike or a 1st winter Lesser grey,it was over 100 metres away hence the poor quality of the shot.Any ideas!!!!

Attachments

• DSCN0280.JPG
    DSCN0280.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 383
Looks fine for 1st winter Lesser Grey - primaries look long and the wing pattern is okay. I think Great Grey would be fairly unusual where you are too.

Thats what I was afraid you would say Andrew,but we do get a few winter Great greys passing through,again wishful thinking on my behalf I think!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back