• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nestbox activity (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
Why don't we have a thread were we write down what you seen. Have you seen any movement around the box today? This morning when I was getting breakfast I saw one of my Great Tit's go in the nestbox so I looked through my telescope & saw it fly away & so I just ate my breakfast & when I finished saw it fly in & out again went on the tree next to it & went in still building its nest never see to much activity in the afternoon but will know when the chicks hatch will see them alot

Hi Euan. None today. Over the past few days had Blue Tits checking out nestboxes - again! Is it too late for this?? My House Sparrow Terrace birds don't seem very active -egg laying? Also had a pair go into another box, possibly roosting. Don't know what's happening though. Check out my thread to see more info.

Last night I was putting fresh water in the bird bath & I looked at the nestbox and I was very certain I saw the female Great Tit stare at me all I saw was a black thing with white patches at each side. My Mum said I should take my binoculars & see if it was or noot but I just said no don't want to disturb it. A hour later saw the Male Great Tit put its head through the hole then fly up in the tree & repeat the gesture. As for this morning I didn't see anything before I went to College

The nestbox hasn't been going well, but I did get to see birds take all of the cat hair that I put out for them. I just laid it on the grass and it was gone in a matter of minutes. I'll have to start brushing my cat regularly so I can collect more!

I've got a nestbox on a pole with a baffle. A bird has clearly been building a nest in it but I've been watching out for 3 days and have not seen a bird. It must work the same shift I do.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back