• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unresponsive Script (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
I've been suffering with an Unresponsive Script issue for the last couple of hours.

I closed the browser (Pale Moon) and re-started it. Tried a different one (IE - same problem but a slightly different warning). Restarted the laptop.

All to no avail. In fact doing anything in IE was impossible. If I tried to post a reply in the forum, a soon as I hit Submit, I got a message asking if I was sure I wanted to leave the page!!?

All is well on another laptop, so it seems to be this one.

It's not quite so bad at the moment as it was. But is still happening every few minutes.

One of the warnings includes the message that it's "Script: http:// cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js:21"

Any ideas what to do?

I have been having the same problem on my Mac using Firefox browser. I have NoScript installed and have marked 'viglink' as Untrusted and that seems to have solved the problem at the moment. I suppose that means that Birdforum loses a bit of advertising revenue but it was extremely annoying.

Ron

Cheers Ron; glad it's not just me that's been having problems (though sorry to hear you have... if you know what I mean).

I used to use FF & NoScript but now have a cousin in Pale Moon, which does not appear to have NoScript as an add-on.

Even so, that doesn't explain why Internet Explorer had a problem too. And no problems on the other laptop, also with Pale Moon.

It does seem to be settling down a bit now, with just going into Not Responding every now and then, rather than the constant Unresponsive Script pop up box.

All is well this morning thank goodness.

What a nightmare it was last night, this laptop was virtually unusable for about 3 hours.

While it's nice to know I wasn't alone André, I'm sorry to hear you had to suffer this as well.

Presumably my other laptop has something on it to stop it from happening. I've not a clue how to work out what it is though.

Hi Delia, If the Issue is what Andre mentions about adverts then ad- blocker is worth Installing on your pc for free.

Hi CT

I already have AdblockEdge on PaleMoon, also BF subscribers, don't have any, especially animated, ads on here.

The problem last night seemed to be a little different for some reason.

I had it too, cleared up today, also got the message 'firefox is not responding' so maybe an issue there rather than this site?

Andy

I found a correlation between this error and Adobe flash.
Solution: Set-up firefox that use of Adobe flash has to be allowed.
Most sites will show full contents without flash, so one will only have to allow flash if videos are embedded that one wants to see.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back