• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandwell Valley (3 Viewers)

At least two Wheatear along Newton Rd in the first horse paddock after the A4031 junction per Rob Strong
Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
Salters Lane horse paddocks - at least 6 Wheatear, Whitethroat, several Swallow but no Yellow Wagtail so far per Rob Strong
Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
Cuckoo salters lane, heard seen later, Least 3 wheatear still per Gareth Marlow
Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
At least two Wheatear along Newton Rd in the first horse paddock after the A4031 junction per Rob Going
Good Birding YAMYAM

That was me!
Unless you got an identical text/tweet from Rob G?

Two hours around Swan Pool and Salters Lane, 46 species, nothing remarkable beyond the Wheatears and my first Whitethroat of the year.

Looks like I've done my usual trick of missing everything I'd come over hoping to see - no Yellow Wags, no Lesser Whitethroat, no Garden Warbler. Always galling to read they've been reported a few minutes after I'd left. At least the last two may still be around come next weekend.

Cuckoo

John and myself just heard it very briefly and distantly, trying to locate it now. Heard from by the muck heap, came from Salters hedgerow or back of the Pitch and Putt course per Matt Hadlington
Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
Cuckoo calling now. Sounds to be coming from the tall trees in the hollow, Salters Lane per Matt Hadlington
Good Birding YAMYAM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back