• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Reed Bunting (1 Viewer)

stevieb

Attempting to put Melksham on the map
I have been watching the birds in my garden for years and have built up a desent list.
However yesterday I had a male Reed Bunting on my ground feeder for most of the afternoon.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it was the middle of winter and it had been driven in town for food but it was a glorious day yesterday.

Anyone know if this is an unusual occurance?

I don't get them on mine and they're in the surrounding fields. You can see them quite often on the feeding stations at Upton Warren (about 4 miles from my gaff).

In recent years, we have have had up to about 8 Reed Buntings visit our garden, but so far this year there have only been 3 or 4 at most.
This is a picture from 23rd. March last year, when there was a sprinkling of snow.
(South Lincolnshire village location - south facing small back garden next to open countryside)

Roger

Attachments

• IMG_1371a.jpg
    IMG_1371a.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 61
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back