• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

dv gimbal heads from india (1 Viewer)

the black fox

has any one bought or used a d/v gimbal head from india ,they are advertised on e/bay ,reasonable price but are they any good ,sorry for a double post but i put this in the scope section by mistake B :)

I've got one of these. When I first mounted it on the tripod it turned fine but after five minutes it was making a grinding sound. I had to take it apart and clean out sand that had been left over from the casting of the arm.
Once it had been cleaned and lubricated with some of the teflon lubricant I use for my bicycle chain it worked fine.
It doesn't have the finish of the wimberley and it may not be quite as smooth at panning
but it is a good deal for the price, even if you do have to clean some sand out of it.

I got the full gimbal from India via ebay and have been very happy with it.....delivery was excellent and product works well. I have not doubts that the premium priced ones are far better quality/finish and there is an arguement for getting one of those but mine does the job.

There was one for sale on BF a few weeks ago (from a reputable BF member) and I dont think it was sold so scroll back and have a look.

I used to have one before I bought a Jobu. It was excellent value for money. The only real downside being that the panning wasn't as smooth as either my Jobu or my friend's Wimberley.

I used to have one before I bought a Jobu. It was excellent value for money. The only real downside being that the panning wasn't as smooth as either my Jobu or my friend's Wimberley.

Totally agree with Frank, I had one and now use a Jobu. Excellent value for money, just not as smooth panning.

Phil

The Lensmaster looks quite good for the price, looks like a Manfrotto 393 cut in half. Anyone else tried the Lensmaster - would it better than the 393 ?

The Lensmaster looks quite good for the price, looks like a Manfrotto 393 cut in half. Anyone else tried the Lensmaster - would it better than the 393 ?

Just bought myself the Lensmaster last week. Very prompt service, rock solid piece of kit and very smooth operation. :t:

can you easily lock the lensmaster on both vertical and horizontal, the 393 only the vertical will lock with the adjusters, for the horizontal you need to use a hex key - long winded.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back