• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Fremont, California (1 Viewer)

Hi there,

I'm new to birding. I have been into photography for most of my life, but when we moved to Fremont a couple of years ago, we have found ourselves fascinated by the amazing variety of birds frequenting our backyard as well as available to see at nearby Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge and other parks. I'm photographing more birds, but unfortunately, to do that well, you need some hefty and expensive glass. So I am enjoying mostly viewing. I'm also getting into recognizing the calls. It's pretty funny when I'm on a bike ride or driving with the top down and recognize a bird call. It really is a lot of fun and my fiancé is enjoying the birds as well! I recently took things to a new level and purchased a Bushnell spotting scope, Gitzo birding head, and tripod. It's so nice to have something holding the optics for you, when watching birds that are fairly still! :) I have also become a member of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. What an amazing website!

Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve and a warm welcome to you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I'll look forward to your contributions. You could, of course, try attaching a small camera to your telescope ;) :-O I hope to see some of your pictures in the Gallery before too long!

D

Hi there and warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello ;)

Welcome to another Bay Area birder. I'm in N. San Jose/Alviso area, so I spend a lot of time at Don Edwards as well. Maybe we'll run into each other sometime...

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back