• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eyeshields (1 Viewer)

Upland

I’ve found that eyeshields are an effective way to reduce internal barrel reflections such as those that are omnipresent in the Vortex Viper (to my eyes anyways). Might they be an effective way to reduce flare/glare in a bino such as the Meopro which many, including myself, have observed flare/glare in?

PS please limit your reply’s to whether eyepieces might help reduce flare/glare and not the merits of the Viper and Meopro. I understand many here love them and do not experience the reflections or flare/glare in these.

I’ve found that eyeshields are an effective way to reduce internal barrel reflections such as those that are omnipresent in the Vortex Viper (to my eyes anyways). Might they be an effective way to reduce flare/glare in a bino such as the Meopro which many, including myself, have observed flare/glare in?

PS please limit your reply’s to whether eyepieces might help reduce flare/glare and not the merits of the Viper and Meopro. I understand many here love them and do not experience the reflections or flare/glare in these.

If you're happy, I'm happy for you. But eyeshields mitigate EXTERNAL light rays. :cat:

Bill

Got a bino bandit on my 8x30, help remove distractions and make the view more immersive. Can always fold them up if things get steamed up in hot climates.

Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back