• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A moment for nostalgia (1 Viewer)

bonxie birder

Going for the One
United Kingdom
I read the comments about Keith Lyon, “Dipper”, with a great feeling of sadness and nostalgia. Watching the Twitchers documentary brought back some incredibly fond memories. I went to Ecuador along with Carl Chapman whose foot was run over by the car. I was never a known birder of the time, but I did the pilgrimage to the Scillies three times in the nineties; my first in 1996 ended up being my best British year with 275. And a lone trip in 2004, coinciding with the Ovenbird. I would say it was apparent even then that the magic was diminishing. The highlight of every day was the log. I loved it. It was great time to be birding. But let’s face, it still is, it’s just different.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back