• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"the guide to birdwatching" Bill Oddie (1 Viewer)

Womble Alice

Does anyone know if this is available on DVD. If so where?
I've searched the internet and the only place selling it is Haiths and they only have it on video.
Thanks
Womble Alice

Womble Alice said:
Does anyone know if this is available on DVD. If so where?
I've searched the internet and the only place selling it is Haiths and they only have it on video.
Thanks
Womble Alice

Hi Alice

if its the one I'm thinking its only available as a double cassette. You can get it from the RSPB.

florall said:
What is it? I've never heard of it.
I saw them talking about it in this thread
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=24963&highlight=bill+oddie+video
Third post down
' "The guide to Birdwatching" featuring Bill. It is a double video,
Video 1 is "Birdwatching essentials" which has items on Binoculars & Scopes, Bird Books, Fieldcraft, Local Patchs, Travel, Twitching,Sketching, Photography, Sea Watching, Ringing and Surveys. And "Digiscoping" featuring in Bills words "One of the UK's leading Digiscopers - Andy Bright ! (That name seems familiar). But Andy what possesed you to wear that top, it looks more like a dress the length of it.
Bill talks on quite a lot of the various subjects above and has experts with their views as well.
Video 2
Bird Identification
Tells you how to id Birds including plumages, topography and moult and a detailed guide to 78 of the commonest bird including calls.
At times the footage could be a bit better including Andy's which seemed to be shot at a strange angle.
But another Video that is quite entertaining.'
Alice

Womble Alice said:
I' "The guide to Birdwatching" featuring Bill. It is a double video,
Video 1 is "Birdwatching essentials"
Video 2
Bird Identification
Alice

thanks for this, Alice. Sounds like a good video for beginners.

florall said:
thanks for this, Alice. Sounds like a good video for beginners.
Yeah it would be if I could get a copy. Anyone else know if its available on dvd. Its not on the RSPB site only on Haiths and only then on video. Surely it must be available on DVD somewhere?
Alice a very frustrated womble

It was me who originally put up the write up about the video, I think it is good for a beginner, although on a few occasions the camera work could be better.

Here is a link to the site that makes them
http://www.birdvideodvd.com/

It looks as if only the video has been made.

Marmot said:
It was me who originally put up the write up about the video, I think it is good for a beginner, although on a few occasions the camera work could be better.
Here is a link to the site that makes them
http://www.birdvideodvd.com/
It looks as if only the video has been made.

Woe is me. I think your right about the video only thing. But bless your cotton socks for the link. No DvD for Christmas then.
Can you recomend anything else in its place?

Alice (Weepy Womble)

My answer was going to be a cheap video recorder 3:)

We don't have any on DVD as of yet, the other one we have on video is Bill Oddies video guide to British Birds. Which has 271 species on it but 2hr 45 long. It can get a bit boring so regular tea and biccie breaks are needed.
I am not sure if any one can suggest any other titles.

Marmot said:
My answer was going to be a cheap video recorder 3:)
Don't mock the womble.
No seriously I see no use to videos the more you watch them the quicker they deteriate. And you can't find the bit you want too see again easily, with a dvd it is easy. So long as you don't use it as a frisbie it will last.
Videos are utterly useless.
Womble Alice

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back