• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What are the best JB's ? (1 Viewer)

rdnzl

Not Sure.
United States
What are your opinions of the best Japanese manufacturers, by JB code? And why?

Maybe what are your top 5 or top 10?

From there, does any one remember the code which was on the Focal Brand Binoculars which the Kamart chain store sold ? I believe these were labeled Japan, decent binoculars to look thru and inexpensive for the time period. As a very young kid I can remember these being my first viewing binoculars.

Of which, by now, 90% doesn't exist anymore, at least not as an independent company.

Jan

Hi Jan,

That still leaves ~35 companies and I think my point was made. Also, are we talking about corporations or products? If the prior, one needs to post the standards by which judgment is made. If the latter, one must remember that the best of companies frequently rebrand lesser-quality products.

Thus, if we're looking for instant answers, we're just barking up a stump. There are too many variables to consider. An elephant can be eaten, but not at one sitting. (I have an especially hard time with the toenails.) :cat:

Bill

Last edited:
I am not Reuben Hawkins. Whoever that is. My name is Roger.

Is Reuben Hawkins a good person to be mistaken for?

Until Bill posted that list I didn't know what a JB Code was.
Now that I've seen the list I'm trying to think of anything I care less about.

Last edited:
Until Bill posted that list I didn't know what a JB Code was.
Now that I've seen the list I'm trying to think of anything I care less about.

It’s just one of the many issues on bino forums that I call BB stacking. Although I see SOME validity in the issue, you should keep in mind that if topics were restricted to matters of PRACTICAL importance to the OBSERVER, posts would suddenly drop to about 10% or 15% of their current level. :cat:

Bill

Last edited:
I am not Reuben Hawkins. Whoever that is. My name is Roger.

Is Reuben Hawkins a good person to be mistaken for?

I really don’t know. I have only met him through photos. He’s a young fellow who married my daughter’s longtime best friend Rachel Swank who, in those days, lived just north of town. Your handle, rdnzl, seemed to fit. His first name starts with “R” and he is from NZL (New Zealand). Also, he is relatively new to the Lake Stevens area. Thus, I added 2 + 2 and wanted to see if it came up four. :cat:

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back